Monday, June 23, 2014

30 Not Necessarily Consecutive Days of Kink: Day 11 & 12.

Day 11: What are your views on the ethics of kink?
The long answer would require reposting about 75% of everything I've ever written.

The short answer: the ethics of kink are the same as any other ethics.  If something is okay in other contexts (example: hitting someone who's agreed in martial arts practice), then it's okay in kink.  If it's not okay in other contexts (example: hitting someone who didn't agree because you hear that they do martial arts sometimes), then it's not okay in kink.

Kink doesn't happen separately from "real life."  It's not a special case.  There's some kink etiquette that differs from other areas of life, but the fundamental ethics are the same.  The presence or absence of consent can change whether something is ethical, but not the presence or absence of kink.


Day 12: Tell us about a humorous BDSM/kink experience you’ve had.  If you haven’t had one, talk about aspects of kink/BDSM you find funny.
I once had a play partner tie my arms up to my chest with my elbows bent and set me free to wander around the party with my hands stuck up near my chin.  I think he meant it as a "you can walk but you can't use your arms" bondage thing.

I made my hands into two-fingered claws and stomped around making tyrannosaurus noises.

10 comments:

  1. I am home sick today, and checked your blog for updates. Day 12's answer just had me snorting my tea, T-rex bondage rampage is such a fantastic image. Thank you for sharing that with the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grrawwr*

      *dinosaur for "hope you feel better soon"

      Delete
    2. "Yes, we will rule this land, and we will thrive, and we will call it...This Land." *giggle*

      -Fishgoat

      Delete
  2. That day 12 anecdote is hilarious XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliff, your blog gives me positive energy. And hope to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More hope vibes and hugs your way if you want them.

      Delete
  4. I've been looking for a way to say "Kink doesn't happen separately from "real life."" for forever now, so thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to be tied up in T-Rex bondage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeee!

    Now I'm imagining Cliff!T-rex and the image is giving me giggles and smiles.

    ReplyDelete